Below is a diagram to illustrate the general lifecycle of a booking and how it shifts between statuses. Bookings are exclusively taken via the Plum Guide platform, we do not support the creation of bookings via the API.
We have the following booking statuses:
- Requested - When a guest has paid for a booking on a Listing where instant book is turned off, a request is made to the host to accept or decline the booking.
- Confirmed - When a booking has been paid for either by a instant book, or has been accepted by a host when a booking request has been made.
- Declined - When a request for a booking has been declined by the host.
- Cancelled - When a request for a booking is cancelled.
- Plum Guide Listings are set to either ‘Instant Book’ or ‘Request to Book’.
- This is set during Host Onboarding and can be changed in the Plum Host dashboard (extranet).
- A listing on Instant Book will automatically have its calendar blocked and Booking Status move to ‘Confirmed’ upon a successful payment being taken.
Yes, these can be found in the booking's endpoint here
- No, Plum Guide is the merchant of record for all guest payments (we take all guest payments), so we do not share Guest billing details with Hosts.
Guest proxy email addresses are included in Bookings Endpoint here
We use proxy email addresses for property managers to communicate with guests.
This email address can be used through any email client / Property Management System system, and will also log the conversation in The Plum Guide Host dashboard.
You can get a list of all bookings for all listings that a property manager or host has on Plum Guide via the API in the Bookings endpoint.
You can view ''host payout'' in the booking endpoint here
This Host Payout value is calculated at the point of booking. There are 2 things that can happen post-booking that would change the payout value:
- A Listings first check-in will trigger the Plum Host Onboarding Fee which will automatically be deducted from that payout. The Host Onboarding fee is part of the standard agreement between Plum Guide and a Property Manager.
- If a cancellation fee is due to Plum Guide from a Property Manager, the Property Manager can choose to have this deducted from their next payout. Cancellation Fees are part of the standard agreement between Plum Guide and a Property Manager.
Yes - these can be found in the booking activities endpoint here
The description of the activities is as follows:
- Requested - Booking has been paid for (Instant Book is turned off) and the host is yet to accept or decline.
- Declined - When a booking has been declined by the host.
- Approved - When a booking has paid and a request has been accepted by a host.
- InstantBooked - When a booking is made via Instant book
- Cancelled - When a booking has been cancelled